Womxn’s Meetup will only accept womxn participants and will only have womxn facilitators.
WOMXN includes people who identify as women and queer/non-binary people. This includes trans, nonbinary, womxn of color, womxn with disabilities, and all other marginalized genders. This does not include people who identify as cis-men.
- Raise your hand to add yourself to the speaking queue (there’s a way to do this in Zoom)
- Give others a chance to speak; listen to understand, and not just to reply.
- Mute your microphone when it’s not your turn.
- Try to limit your speaking to a minute per turn.
- Be courteous, avoid making personal attacks (e.g., name-calling), argue in good faith, and give the other participants the benefit of the doubt.
- Try to stay on topic.
- Be supportive, try to foster a safe and brave space.
- Have fun!
Got questions about the meetup? Contact us at 0928 872 0020 or email us at [email protected].
- Newbies are welcome, and admission to the meetup is free.
- Early birds get to play board/video/party games with the group.
- There is no required age, religion, philosophy, or political affiliation.
- Discussions are informal yet intelligent (most of the time).
- Some of us are shy. Some of us just like to sit in and listen. Some of us participate in the conversations with enthusiasm. That’s all okay! We’re just happy to have you in the meetup.