Have you been told to “be a man” or you should “act like a lady”? Feminism aims to break stereotypes and achieve equality and justice for all genders.
#FeministFridays is a series of six workshops every Friday, 3pm-5pm, on some of the basic issues of feminism. We hope that what you’ll learn here will help you in your path in advocacy and be able to choose what issues they want to work on.
Join us for the first workshop (Feminism 101) on September 4, 2020 (Friday), 3:00 PM to 5:00 PM.
Event will be broadcasted on Facebook Live.
Zoom registration here: https://bit.ly/FeministFridays1
This workshop aims to show how feminism has changed over time in the Philippines and in other places. The goal is to familiarize student volunteers with various ideas and equip them with frameworks to choose what issues they can contribute to or focus on.
#FeministFridays is brought to you by Filipino Freethinkers and Women’s Global Network for Reproductive Rights (WGNRR) and done in partnership with The Sanctuary Project.
Feminist Fridays – SCHEDULE
- September 4 – Feminism 101
- September 11 – SOGIE and Intersectionality
- September 18 – Fostering Safe Spaces
- September 25 – Consent, Harassment, Sex
- October 2 – Expectations and Inequalities
- October 9 – Body Autonomy
Feminist Fridays – September 4
- The different kinds of feminism
- History of feminism
- Critical thinking
- Sabrina Gacad (Lunas Collective)
- Shebana Alqaseer (Young Feminists Collective)
- Kristine Chan
- Beatriz Torre