Café Humaniste: Happiness for Humanists
3pm (Manila Time) – Saturday
29 August 2020
- What does science say about happiness and mental health?
- What does happiness mean for freethinkers?
- When it comes to mental health, what are the advantages and disadvantages of nonbelief?
- What are secular options for mental health support?
- Guest Speaker: Chris Carandang (Looking for Happiness and Hope in Challenging Times: Reflections from a Humanist Psychologist)
- Raunchy Topic of the Week
- Newbies are welcome, and admission to the meetup is free.
- There is no required age, religion, philosophy, or IQ level.
- Discussions are informal yet intelligent (most of the time).
- Early birds get to play board/video/party games with the group.
- Some of us are shy. Some of us just like to sit in and listen. Some of us participate in the conversations with enthusiasm. That’s all okay! We’re just happy to have you in the meetup.
- The meetup is 100% online for everyone’s safety (most places are still under quarantine). The meeting software is Zoom. If you’re not familiar with Zoom, here’s a handy tutorial on how to participate in a Zoom meeting. You’ll need a computer or a mobile device and internet access to join.
- Community guidelines will apply.