The last meetup wasn’t all fun and games. The food was great, too (thanks again to our cooks, Tania and Tin).
But seriously, we did do some planning for the Filipino Freethinkers Forum 2 (FFF2). Here’s what we have so far:
- Somewhere in UP — (Pecier, any updates?)
- McDonald’s Party Place — Danny’s idea, he’ll ask about it
- Popular Bookstore — despite its popularity only Geri and Wella knew about the place
- Somewhere in Ateneo — Tin is following up with some friends
- AIC Gold Tower Penthouse in Ortigas — accessible place with plenty of space
We decided to have one main theme per quarter, so for the next two forums we’re using the FFFF theme, Practical Freethinking. This time we’re focusing on relationships:
- Private — at home and in love
- Public — in school and at work
The central questions:
- What is it like to be a freethinker in an unfreethinking world?
- What are the different ways of adapting to (or changing) these challenging situations?
- Members share obstacles they have overcome (or have overcome them), the battles they are still fighting, and the fears they know they’ll one day have to face.
- The group will then frame the problem, abstracting themes and providing an overall context of the situation.
- Members share and discuss the wide spectrum of alternative actions and possible solutions, from inaction to moderation to militancy.
- Participants may make calls to action — individual or group — that may be discussed during the forum or after.
Date and Time:
These details will depend on the availability of the venue. For now, the FFF2 will be held either on March 28, Saturday, or March 29, Sunday, between lunch and dinner, any time between 1PM and 6PM. We’re still discussing the duration.
Till then, you may think of what you could share with the other participants on the FFF2:
- Stories you’d like to tell.
- Questions you’d like to ask.
- Advice you’d like to give.
Thank you very much and I look forward to seeing all of you on the forum!