Just write an essay on any of the following themes:
- political correctness
- science vs. superstition
- loneliness and isolation
You may write on a combination of themes (like Ms. Ozawa did) but there’s no bonus if you do. (Except if you manage to allude to bukake.)
Two awesome prizes will be given during our second July meetup:
- Reader’s choice prize: awesome certificate and any Starbucks beverage.
- Writer’s choice prize: awesome certificate and the privilege to choose any freethought-related book worth P1,000 (the winner doesn’t have to pay anything, unless they want to get something more expensive.) Although the winner doesn’t get to own it — the book is added to the FF library — they get two months to finish reading the book before having to lend it to someone else. The winner must also post a short review of the book on our blog.
Joining is easy:
- Register for a contributor account.
- Compose your post (500-800 words) and tag it with “writing contest.”
- Submit your post before July 1. Submissions of nonregular contributors will be reviewed before publishing.
Mechanics for voting and judging will be posted before the contest deadline. In the meantime, start writing!