Posted on 30 January 2016.
This week, we talk about Christian Atheism. We discuss whether it’s an oxymoron and consider the various ways Christianity has changed with the times.
Media, Podcast, Religion, Video
Posted on 23 January 2016.
This week, we talk about the massive $1.5 B Powerball lottery in the US. We discuss how rational it is to buy into a lottery and whether they prey upon poor people.
Media, Podcast, Society, Video
Posted on 19 January 2016.
Venue: Uno Morato, Garden Area GYY Building, #1 Tomas Morato Ave, Quezon City
Waze link: http:// mobile-web.world.waze.com/ en_GB/meetup/ location?h=wdw54nm22
PWD Friendly? Yes
Date: Saturday, January 23, 2016
Time: 3:00PM – 6:00PM
– Demisexuality [ http://demisexuality.org/] articles/ what-is-demisexuality/
– Koreans hosting fake funerals to lower suicide rates [ http://] filipinofreethinkers.org/ 2016/01/16/ korean-living-funerals-ff-p odcast/
– Christian Atheism [ http://] www.huffingtonpost.com/ christian-chiakulas/ what-does-it-mean-to-be-a-c hristian-atheist_b_8866378 .html
– Raunchy Topic of the Week
After the meetup we usually go for dinner and drinks somewhere nearby. If you’re not a meetup regular and can’t make it for the meetup but would like to go for the post meetup, please indicate on a post in the wall or comment so we can contact you.
Got questions about the meetup? Contact us at 0928 872 0020
* Newbies are welcome, and admission to the meetup is free. (Note: this does not apply to the food and other activities we may be having)
* Early birds get to play board/video/party games with the group.
* Look for the FF sign (or the group of smart, sexy people).
* There is no required age, religion, philosophy, or IQ level.
* Discussions are informal yet intelligent (most of the time).
* You don’t have to talk; you can just sit in and listen.
Posted on 16 January 2016.
This week we talk about a Korean practice of holding “funerals” for the living. We talk about appreciating the living while they’re alive and facing death for atheists.
Media, Podcast, Video
Posted on 09 January 2016.
This week, we talk about Honor Thy Father, the entry to the Metro Manila Film Festival. We talk about its freethinker-friendly themes and about the value of the MMFF.
Entertainment, Media, Podcast, Reviews, Video